Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cpl Ledanek

Choosing which branch to serve

AF aren't really like that....they are the exception to the "don't ask , don't tell" policy ;):thumbsup::sheep:

That "don't ask, don't tell" policy is my ticket outta the draft (if/when we have one)..

as long as all I gotta do is tell and not actually prove, this face won't be seen in the US military :rocky:

AF aren't really like that....they are the exception to the "don't ask , don't tell" policy ;):thumbsup:  :sheep:

That "don't ask, don't tell" policy is my ticket outta the draft (if/when we have one)..

as long as all I gotta do is tell and not actually prove, this face won't be seen in the US military :rocky:

No offense, but that is pretty cheap.

AF aren't really like that....they are the exception to the "don't ask , don't tell" policy ;):thumbsup:  :sheep:

That is pretty cheap and cowardice.

Oh Mac my dear Mac, cant you see that Commander Reb is a total queer? If you want a real man, come to Brazil. I would PT all day long with you..... :wub:

cb19.jpg

cb38.jpg

Disclaimer: Not sure which topic this "really" belongs, so admins, please move at your leisure:

Topic: How to choose which branch of armed forces to serve:

10927.jpg

:whistle:

Is that AF picture real?

Oh Mac my dear Mac, cant you see that Commander Reb is a total queer? If you want a real man, come to Brazil. I would PT all day long with you..... :wub:

cb19.jpg

cb38.jpg

I see you have a thing for Catherine Bell, too! :P:thumbsup: She's drop-dead gorgeous. :wacko:

Oh, and Ty, why dont you find some way to get the hell out of the US? I'll be the first to admit the US has many problems, MANY serious problems, but I still love it because the United States of America is bigger than Bush, among other ######, and will still be around long after they're gone. You're seeming complete antipathy towards the country you live in and has given you the oppurtunity to troll around insulting it is disgusting, as someone who's planning to join the US military willingly next year, I am very irritated by your attitude. It is cheap and cowardly as other's have said. Here's hoping that should the selective service system be reinstated the military will relax it's policy on homosexuals before you're of draft age. :thumbsup:

Edited by GothicSnake

Is that AF picture real?

Yah. Joethefat posts on another forum I read (which consequently has been down for months). That pic isn't his, but some of the Hot AF Chicks are, I believe.

Oh, and Ty, why dont you find some way to get the hell out of the US?

Here's hoping that should the selective service system be reinstated the military will relax it's policy on homosexuals before you're of draft age. :thumbsup:

Responding to the first part of the post I've quoted:

I'm trying.. have you any suggestions for me mate? Asylum seems to be out, and I still need to get together another $100 or so to apply for UK citizenship - care to make a donation?

Responding to the second part of the post I've quoted:

Not under the current regime.. er, administration.

BTW: I guess you think that gays aren't good enough to get married (seeing as how you are a conservative, and not many conservatives support gay marriage) , but are good enough to go over to Iraq and get killed??

Oh, and Ty, why dont you find some way to get the hell out of the US?

Here's hoping that should the selective service system be reinstated the military will relax it's policy on homosexuals before you're of draft age.  :thumbsup:

I'm trying.. have you any suggestions for me mate? Asylum seems to be out, and I still need to get together another $100 or so to apply for UK citizenship - care to make a donation?

Responding to the second part of the post I've quoted:

Not under the current regime.. er, administration.

BTW: I guess you think that gays aren't good enough to get married (seeing as how you are a conservative, and not many conservatives support gay marriage) , but are good enough to go over to Iraq and get killed??

Donation? Go mow some lawns, sell pot, organize some anti-American political rallies, I dont care...figure it out, you claim to be a smart boy. Who said I was a conservative? How do you make that assumption? I have not said or done anything to support that. I'm one of those rare people who can make up their own ######ing mind about things instead of following somebody else's propoganda. I'm not even going to get into that gay-marriage crap cause I really don't care, that last part was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. I wouldn't trust somebody like you next to me in combat. Although I might trust somebody like you in front of me in a minefield. That was really good there, buddy, calling the Bush administration a "regime"! Oh my God! ROTFLMAO...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....HAHA....HAH...hehe....heh...hmm....anyway, as I said, I'm not a supporter of Bush in any way, shape, or form, but you wont catch me bad mouthing the entire country or not willing to serve because of that chimp-looking fellow sitting in the oval office, or pulling any pathetic stunts to weasel my way out of it, should it be mandatory. Oh, and how come you cut out half of my paragraph from the quote? Didn't suit your purpose of trying to paint me as some crazy conservative Bush lover who hates them darn fruits and liberals and them danged foreigners? :rolleyes: Whatever, little man, I wish you the best of luck in what is sure to be an empty, pathetic, and ultimately pointless life that hopefully pursues it's meandering course as far away from me as possible.

@ GothicSnake

This thread is not about attacking Tyovan and his point of view about the draft nor his reluctance to want to be in the US military. One of the great things about this country is that we are free to choose. However, we shouldn't be criticized for these points of view, either. :angry:

With that being said, get this thread back on topic (which I think should really be in the humor section) and no more personal attacks. :nono:

@ GothicSnake

This thread is not about attacking Tyovan and his point of view about the draft nor his reluctance to want to be in the US military.  One of the great things about this country is that we are free to choose.  However, we shouldn't be criticized for these points of view, either.  :angry:

With that being said, get this thread back on topic (which I think should really be in the humor section) and no more personal attacks. :nono:

That's absolutely right. I couldn't agree more, that's his choice and that's fine, but his attitude about it is what ###### me off. But like you said, back on topic...I personally already have 4 years of completely paid for college set up with a career in the Army to follow (paratroops all the way, baby!), but that pic makes me drift in the AF/Navy direction just a tad. :rofl:

Rear Admiral Stark's views on Marines

(taken from a speech at the 220th USMC birthday)

As I tried to think of a way to wrap all this up, it occurred to me that the Services could maybe be characterized by different breeds of dogs...Now I don't want to offend anybody, and I'm sure each of you will have your own opinions, but these are my favorites.

For me, the Air Force was pretty clear. They remind me of a French Poodle. A poodle always looks perfect, like it just came from the hairdresser. It sometimes seems a bit pampered. It always travels first class. But don't ever forget, the poodle was bred as a first-class hunting dog, and in a fight, it's very dangerous.

The Army is kind of like a Saint Bernard. It's big, and heavy, and sometimes seems a bit clumsy. But it's very powerful and has lots of stamina. So you want it for the long haul.

The Navy, God bless 'em, are a Golden Retriever. They're good natured and great around the house. Kids love 'em. Sometimes their hair is a bit long, and it tends to shed a little. They go wandering off for long periods of time, and they love the water.

The Marines were a bit of a problem. I don't see the Marines as an English Bulldog, like Chesty the Marine Corps mascot. In fact, I actually see the Marines as two different breeds, either Rottweillers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties --- big and mean, and skinny and mean. They're both very territorial. They're aggressive on the attack, and tenacious on defense. They've both got really short hair, and they always go for the throat. That sounds like a Marine to me!

That about says it all. OORAH!

<---bites his tongue...

The dog thing is cool.

All of the really good looking women in the USN were officers. I think those bars on their collars added to the beauty. Kinda put them on a pedestal that you could never reach. An unattainable goal. It gave them virtue. Even though they weren't all "ladies." The whole thing about two state lines or a body of water is true. Even for the officers. :P

A 3rd Class P.O. (E-4) of ours got drunk while our ship was in Bali and started talking a bunch of poop to this really good looking American lady when he was on liberty. She asked him if she looked familiar. He told her no. Then she told him she was one of the J.A.G. officers that had been riding the ship for the past 4 months. His liberty buddy was obviously not watching out for him. :rofl: He caught hell for that till we got back to San Diego... (If she's a good looking American in Bali. She's an officer).

I'll have to scan some pics of our "Steel Beach" picnics we had and post em. Lot's of fun when there's nothing to do in the middle of the pond.

I'm with HalfRedneck, I'm biting my tongue. Ty already knows how I feel. ;) And we've still remained good buds (which is the only reason I'm even bringing this up).

Personally, while I respect all branches of the service, I feel that if I am going to serve, I'm going to do something that you can't do anywhere but in the military. Like, drive tanks, blow crap up with artillery, fly choppers with big guns, go specops.

Much to the dismay of my parents, I'll be applying for an Army ROTC scholarship next year. They do like that I'll also apply for an AF ROTC scholarship, but they don't like the idea of me serving. In the end, if I get offered both, I'd take the Army. I want to serve in the best way I can, and I feel that the Army is the path for me.

Any clue what branch you'll be hoping for? Intel (Arabic translater)? Infantry?? Something else?

Come to Oz mate. Your US Dollars will buy you alot in our sheckles, our Visas are easier to get a hold of than newspapers, and if all else fails, cruise in on a yacht, as much as the coast watch blokes try, the government keeps letting em down, so our borders are pretty much open!

(hey, we're an island, its hard to put up a fence :P )

I've thought about Oz actually..

Then I thought about how pale I am (I look like a nice Irish boy - quite white, or as my friends say "pasty") and realized the sun in Oz will probably have a good chance of sending me to an early grave ;)

I don't understand why people say visas are so easy to get, I'll look again at the Aus Immigration info, but visas are definately harder to secure than many people think, from what I've seen of looking at many foreign immigration agencies sites.

Any clue what branch you'll be hoping for? Intel (Arabic translater)? Infantry?? Something else?

Hoping for MI, looking like Armor.

But, I wont know for 100% certain until that time comes. So we will see... in 5 years, lol.

Well, I saw on some news program (Countdown or Hardball on MSNBC perhaps) that the Army needs something like 10,000 new Intel officers, but they can't be trained fast enough. Now, I don't know if this is accurate - it's only what I heard on the news.

So, perhaps it will be easier to branch into MI than you think (more openings).....

Good luck mate

Actually it seems to be that way, because some MI guys I know here were talking about the MI Reserve units possibly being called up.

Australia has asked a lot of Young UK people to move their lately, dont you have a massive population crisis in the north or something? there was a leaflet going around work the other day. Nice place but i prefer to live in the UK than the US and Oz ;)

and Ty our immigration services are so incompetent they let pretty much anyone in, i doubt you would be rejected...

and Ty our immigration services are so incompetent they let pretty much anyone in, i doubt you would be rejected...

Aye, but regular Immigration officers will not be handling my case.. Final determination will be made by the Home Secretary, David Blunkett..

Australia has asked a lot of Young UK people to move their lately, dont you have a massive population crisis in the north or something? there was a leaflet going around work the other day. Nice place but i prefer to live in the UK than the US and Oz ;)

population crisis my a.rse!!

we have too many bloody brits comin here on working visas, then not goin home!!

the reason no one lives in the north is cause its mostly desert! inhabited by cattle farmers or Aboriginals!!

We arent asking for migrants, we got a queue a mile long to get into the queue for the permenanet resident visas queue!!!

No, we want tourists, come here for a week, spend all your money, then go home.

all this terror and wars and SARS killed our tourism industry, and its only just getting back on its feet.