Ghost Recon.net Forums
WhiteKnight77

The Music Thread

This is the place to discuss music, whether it be bands, playing instruments or anything else related to music.

There is to be no flaming of anyone because of the choice of music said posters listen to. The first signs of flames will result in this thread disappearing.

Have fun and enjoy.

Am I the only person on the planet who loves Philip Glass?

yes, yes you are.

Anyone here planning on buying the Velvet Revolver CD on June 8th when it comes out? I've already heard slither and if the rest of the cd is like that i'm sure to get it!

Yes I'll be buying that one....sure will be nice to hear Slash play with another great singer.

New Prodigy album coming out very soon, it may be called "Always outnumbered, never outgunned" but it's still subject to change. Sounds like it's going to be a good one :D

I cannae wait.

This is the place to discuss music, whether it be bands, playing instraments or anything else related to music.

*Ahem* instruments....

New Prodigy album coming out very soon, it may be called "Always outnumbered, never outgunned" but it's still subject to change. Sounds like it's going to be a good one

I cannae wait.

That's the album they were meant to release last year. Then Leeroy left. I heard a rumour that Keith may be leaving the Prod. soon too....dunno whthere that's true about Keith though.

Edited by [Wx] .:Nightmare:.

Yes I'll be buying that one....sure will be nice to hear Slash play with another great singer.

:thumbsup: Slash is freaking amazing. I've already learned Slither on guitar, exclue the solo though. Give me 10 years to get that good. :rofl: At first i was sure if Weilend(i think thats his name) would be any good. I had heard some of his earlier stuff, but was undecided wether i liked it. For now atleast Velvet Revolver is sounding really good.

It will be interesting if Axl ever gets another record out under the GNR name though. I don't he has anything without the other former members.

Another band and topic and i'd like to bring up is instrumental bands, one of my favourites being Explosions in the Sky. Any one else like instrumental. I also like Apocalyptica. It plays Metallica on 4 chellos. Cool stuff.

No, you are not.

However I am not well versed.

I do have Aphex Twin's remarkable reworking of Philip Glass's interpretation of Bowie's Heroes...reintroducing the vocal in parts to the amazing Glass peice.

(off AFX's "26 Mixes For Cash")

@ Nightmare: Yea, Kieth has got his own band (Flint), so he'll prob just focus on that.

@ Nightmare: Yea, Kieth has got his own band (Flint), so he'll prob just focus on that.

So it's just Liam and Maxim now?

:ph34r:

AFAIK Keith is still involved.

Bearing in mind the Prod only ever was Howlett, really.

Anyone can scream and dance like an idiot.

AFAIK Keith is still involved.

Bearing in mind the Prod only ever was Howlett, really.

Anyone can scream and dance like an idiot.

Yeah, Kieth only ever started 'singing' properly on Fat of the Land and prior to that he did sweet FA.

scooter%20pic%20600.jpg

I wonder who that could be....hmmm....that's a still from the video to "Jigga Jigga" btw, shot in Japan.....

44-autechre.jpg

autechre.jpg

autechre_01_normal.jpg

bmall03.jpg

Are they Genius of our times....

...or just plain mad as hatters?

I'm still deciding.

HP on the guitar:

jigga%20sleeve%20300.jpg

Before Axel left the group -due to some medical problems IIRC (Axel is the guy on the left):

scooter.jpg

Then Jay Frog joined the group. (Jay Frog is the guy on the right in the pic I posted in my previous post [where they're in Japan])

Respec' to the man in the ice-cream van.

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 9 2004, 17:50 ] HP on the guitar:

jigga%20sleeve%20300.jpg

Before Axel left the group -due to some medical problems IIRC (Axel is the guy on the left):

scooter.jpg

Then Jay Frog joined the group. (Jay Frog is the guy on the right in the pic I posted in my previous post [where they're in Japan])

Look like a bunch of faggots to me...

Second that, reminds me of take that actually, what was the medical problem, if mac is right and my Bio revision correct it was probably aids.

.:Nightmare:.,Jun 9 2004, 17:50 ] HP on the guitar:

jigga%20sleeve%20300.jpg

Before Axel left the group  -due to some medical problems IIRC (Axel is the guy on the left):

scooter.jpg

Look like a bunch of faggots to me...

Well all deathmetal groups etc look like faggots to me but you don't hear me complaining....

Go ahead, I don't like "deathmetal".

[EDIT]-- I can see this spiraling into a long and tiresome arguement, don't take too much offence Nightmare :thumbsup:

I second that too, what is deathmetal?