Want get more out of XP?

Dark Ranger

I buy a magazine that runs similar features every month - I havent checked out your post yet, but the articles (in the magazine I get (the Official XP magaine lol)) are really crap if you look at them closley.

They usually mean hacking away at the registry in order to disable some feature you won't noramlly use, in order to gain some performance increase that you will never notice. Then 10 months down the line you will install some new software and it won't run. Another 4 months down the line you will realise it won't run because you disabled that XP feature you did not understand 14 months ago.

The best one I really laughed at was a background service they said you could remove if you were not on a local network. When I read that I had to wonder about cable connections to the internet, sometimes you see them referred to as a LAN in certain settings. True enough in next months magazine they had people writing in to say for some reason they lost their net connection after trying some of the suggested tweaks. LMAO!!!

The best one I really laughed at was a background service they said you could remove if you were not on a local network. When I read that I had to wonder about cable connections to the internet, sometimes you see them referred to as a LAN in certain settings. True enough in next months magazine they had people writing in to say for some reason they lost their net connection after trying some of the suggested tweaks.

Sounds like someone here whose name I won't mention. We all know who this person is. :wacko:

IMO it's better to leave something alone if your not sure what it is for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The best one I really laughed at was a background service they said you could remove if you were not on a local network. When I read that I had to wonder about cable connections to the internet, sometimes you see them referred to as a LAN in certain settings. True enough in next months magazine they had people writing in to say for some reason they lost their net connection after trying some of the suggested tweaks.

Sounds like someone here whose name I won't mention. We all know who this person is. :wacko:

IMO it's better to leave something alone if your not sure what it is for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I got balls WK, and I'm proud of it. I like to take risks, and lots of time I get better results.But sometimes I dont.I think when you fall off the horse you gotta get back on it. Some people are a bit afraid to take risks but thats okay. ;)

Edited by Stinger