Ghost Recon.net Forums

and it is a physical cable

as opposed to the imaginary type?

:lol:

Yeah, I tried them once and never did get a connection, I was just checking NM hadn't OD'ed on w00tabix and had the same trouble I had.

Still not working properly!! hmmmm.... Wha? It's gotta be this rig that's the problem, now there's no sound coming from my speakers, volume is crank to the max in audio play control settings.

Man I love this rig, much less 56k dial up. NOT!!

Guess I'll have to wait til thursday before I can buy a new modem and torture the old one. I'm chuck the old one out of the window ans smash it up with my mighty Sledgehammer of Retribution, whose fury has no equal, while screaming expletives at death threats at it! Who wants to watch? See Ryan243 for tickets to the event....

At the risk of seeming un-helpful....

Is your computer near a window or other portal with possible (outside) interfereance?

If yes continue...

Is your cable made of heavyduty gage or just standard pohone cable?

If heavyduty, unplug...

Is your computer plugged into a powerbar?

If yes, unplug...

Throw computer out window.... Take up skipping to techno...

Hope this helps!

Mike :thumbsup:

Edited by MarauderMike
At the risk of seeming un-helpful....

Is your computer near a window or other portal with possible (outside) interfereance?

If yes continue...

Is your cable made of heavyduty gage or just standard pohone cable?

If heavyduty, unplug...

Is your computer plugged into a powerbar?

If yes, unplug...

Throw computer out window.... Take up skipping to techno...

Hope this helps!

Mike :thumbsup:

Actually the computer is near the window (within throwing distance, lol).

Check....1, 2, 3....Man, I don't understand this POS 'puter. The modem is working ok again. Dialling up and connecting fine, yet a few days ago it wasn't doing that.

I think I'll still get that new modem though I think.

What the? Talk about Recurring Nightmare, damned modem is playing up again. Just cut out on me while I was surfing the net. The I went to recconnect....It dialed up but didn't connect. Took about 10 attempts before it connected.

I gotsta make an excursion to Wells tomorrow anyway, I'll buy a new modem there if I can (there any compuer shops in that place?). Will only take 15 minutes to get to Well on the bus from here.

Oh, and I found that computer shop in my hometown.....

Are you sure it isn't your ISP disconnecting you and causing log in trouble (not saying they are doing it on purpose, sometimes their connection drops)? I had the same trouble with mine to start with, get a new modem if you want but you could be wasting your money.