Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Copenhagen

Geforce Tweak Utilities???

I'm trying to pull out a few more FPS from Ghost Recon. I'm looking for a good Geforce Tweaking Utility (specifically one for Geforce MX 100/200). I don't have any experience with tweaking utilities so please keep that in mind (I don't want a very complicated one).

Thank You.

Here's two that are pretty decent. The first is more of an overclocking utility, the second is probably what your looking for.

PowerStrip

Riva Tuner

Try these tips for increasing FPS too:

1. Turn off all shadows in GR.

2. Reduce Max Bullet Holes to 15 or 20

3. Be sure you disable on-board audio if you have a separate audio card. You will find that option in your BIOS. Be careful in there!

4. Close all other programs on your desktop before running GR, (except your Virus Software)

5. Defragment your hard drive and reboot.

6. Turn off V-sync in your advanced controls for your GFX card.

7. In your GR play mode, hit enter, and type "togglemovetrees", then hit enter again to enable or disable tree swaying. If disabled, this option will give around a 5 to 12 FPS increase, depending on your system.

8. Set Anti-Aliasing and Anistropic filtering to 0 or 2x.

Good luck bro :)

Edited by Dark Ranger

ive used a few diferent tweak tools but the best for me is coolbits it s a small registery patch that puts an extra tab in your video card settings , clock frequencies core and memory it allows you to adjust each then test for stability

ive used a few diferent tweak tools but the best for me is coolbits it s a small registery patch that puts an extra tab in your video card settings , clock frequencies core and memory it allows you to adjust each then test for stability

What no link??

Thanks to Dark Ranger for the help you didn't know that you provided. ;)

Just got a new Nvidia GForce 4 Ti 4200, been looking for good sites.

Yeah nice one guys, I've been looking for some info on good tweak tools since buying my G4FTi 4200.......thx 4 that.

sorry about posting no link but you can find hundreds of references to cool bits tho if needed i can send its so tiny it takes less than a second to dl

http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_coolbits/

this is a site that not only has coolbits but explains it and compares diferent types including powerstrip and so on hope this helps

Edited by snakebite1967