Hosting problems

MrC

I normally use a router to connect all my PCs at home in a network. But its to much hassle to sort out all the port addresses i need to host the various games i play. So i usually just disconnect the router, plug my games PC into the modem and reboot, reset ye'old' winipcfg and off i go. Only problem is now i can't host anything!! I get a response if i ping myself but no-one can connect to my IP. It all started the other day when i had to do a partial restore because of some crappy NVidia stereo driver messing up my Reg,(which i'm guessing is where the root of the problem lays). I had to perform a ScanReg, and restore, then about an hour of downloading to get all me stuff back :wall: Only now i can't host, i can join to games no probs.But no hosting for MrC :(

My specs are;

AMD XP2100+

512Mb PC2100 RAM

Geforce4Ti 4400 with 41.09 Det drivers

SB Audigy with latest drivers

WinME,(crap but better than XP :P )

1Mb cable modem :o=

Any help would be great, is it in the security settings....no i'll wait for someone to help me :hehe::wacko:

Oh by the way, i did post in several Tech forums i browse and no ###### replied so i thought i'd check my new fav games forum.... ;)

Cheers for any help..MrC

Na, ME dosn't have a built in Firewall, i have got a software one...Zonealarm..but even with that off i'm still getting no joy. Even tried unselecting it in msconfig so when i boot its not even loaded. :unsure:

Maybe its something in the Reg itself....bloody hell...wish i'd been good at sports and didn't have to get my kicks killing my mates in GR and OFP :o=:devil:

By the way...thanks for replying...makes me feel warm inside...knew this was a new place to post :wub:

Edited by MrC