Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xio

All mods crash

Hi,

I have downloaded several mods, and can't get any of them to work.

So far I have tried (from the Mod Packs listed in "Recon):

Navy Seals v.2

Black Sun Arcade 2.0

Black Sun 3.0

The Dam

Free Libya - I think I need Desert Siege for this mod. :(

Anyhow, I installed all the above mods to the proper folder. I can pick a mod from the Options menu and activate it. I then quit the game and restart to load all the mod files. At this point GR bombs to desktop.

If I attempt to try using a mod without quit/restart, GR bombs when starting a mission or at best, crashes when you try to pick soldiers/kits.

I have GR ver. 1.0.0.2, which came bundled with MSI graphics cards.

I realize there is a problem with patching this bundled CD that is currently being worked on by RSE tech support.

I am running Nvidia driver ver. 41.09 and DX9 so I'm fairly sure my drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?

check the readmes in the mod files bud there is two newer patches since that version your running i expect youl need to dl the 1.4 patch then try installing them again i also had an issue with the 41.09 driver, im running the 29.42 refresh fixed driver and dx9 gr patch 1.4

"GR" Version 1.0.0.2 must be restarted in order to allow Mods if they are enabled from Ingame. If You enable a Mod then attempt to Launch the Game without Restarting - It'll crash...

It wasn't until "DS" Version 1.2.10.0. that this Problem was fixed by RSE.

As snakebite1967 mentioned. DL'ing the "GR" Version 1.4.0.0. Patch will bring You up to date so as to allow You to enable Mods Ingame and then Launch "GR".

;)

Regards,

Take care that patch 1.4 can only be installed if patch 1.3 was previously installed. Therefore you have to download both of them.

Moreover almost all the totality of mods needs DS but, be sure, it's worthy to spend few Euro for it.

OK then, I guess I will have to wait until RSE fixes the patch incompatibility with the bundled MSI version I have. :( Currently none of the patches work with MSI-bundled version of the game. :(