Reviewers Email : matthew.friesen@sympatico.ca

Author : Slugg

Authors Email : vinnio@icebreaker39-45.com

Authors Home Page : icebreaker39-45.com

Download

File Size : 67 MB

Required : Ghost Recon, Desert Siege, Island Thunder

Introduction

First off let me say congratulations to Slugg. This is one of the most outstanding and difficult mods I have ever played. The Moscows Gatekeeper is an instalment in the exciting mod Icebreaker: Barbarossa. It covers the German Smolensk Offensive which took place in late 1941 during the opening invasion of Russia by the Germans on the Eastern Front.

Content

This mod adds new skins, weapons, maps and best of all sounds. The sounds in this mod are like none I have ever heard in GR before. There are 12 new weapons in the instalment, there are also a number of German and Russian skins. All radio chatter is done in German too add to the realism, but the most amazing thing in the game is the brand new sound of bullets wizzing by your head. If you have ever seen Saving Private Ryan then you will now what you are about to hear. 10/10 For Content

Maps

There are 3 brand new maps in this instalment. They are completely created from scratch and I must say Slugg did an awesome job.

The first map "A Bridge To Far" looks exactly like the Russian countryside. The high resolution textures used made the map almost come alive. There are pillboxes and bunkers scattered all across the map which hold German Machine Gunners ready to mow you down. The buildings in the village look incredible and almost look real.

The third map "Wall Of Steel" is incredible and took my breath away. I could not figure out where I was being shot from til I took out my binoculars to see a trench system stretching from one end of the map to the other. Slugg did an excellent job creating these maps and he really made it feel like you were in the fight. 10/10 for Maps

Weapons

The weapons Slugg created are truly astonishing. They look beautiful in every way. Some of the weapons could use a bit of retexturing but other than that it was great. The sounds created for the rifles was excellent. The shot of the sniper rifles is clear and precise and so is your shot ;). There were over 14 new guns, rifles and pistols. 3 new types of grenades including Anti Tank Grenades which explode on contact. 9/10 for Weapons

Camos

The camouflage is very good on the German side but I think Slugg worked a little harder on the Russian side. The German uniforms are exactly the way they were during the war, Slugg also created a nice toolbelt on the rifleman which looks superb. The Russian ones are also historically accurate which adds more realism to the pack. 8/10 for Camo

Sounds

The best feature in this mod so far is the sound. ITS INCREDIBLE! Each order your Elite team of Germans get is quickly responded back to you in the German language. Its crystal clear and although I don't speak German is probably accurate.

As I said before the ultimate feature in this mod is the sound of the whizzing bullets. When the enemy gets a glimpse at you they all begin firing together which causes a surge of bullets to rush by you playing out this incredible noise that I can't even describe. The sound can be heard in such movies as "Forest Gump" and "Saving Private Ryan". Excellent Work on the sounds Slugg! 11/10 on Sounds

Conclusion

This mod was created by a true artist with a passion for modding and for love of the game. If you aren't already downloading it then get over there right now and start away. Now I have some items that may be of disturbance to you new players. This mod is extremely and I underline extremely difficult. Throughout the entire first mission I could not stand up

without fear of getting my head splattered all over the man behind me. The difficulty should have been turned down just a tad. Also the zoom feature on some of the guns does not work with mouse wheels, you must use your keys on the keyboard to zoom in and out. Overall and excellent mod that should be owned and loved by all. I await the next instalment in Slugg's mission to conquer the modding world.

Overall a 10/10

Reviewer: [JTF-3]Iceman

Edited by GiWeDa

My friends and me have a laptop and we played that mod on LAN, and it is GREAt MOD.

We played CoOp and it was so difficult that we were cursting all the time. At all i think we played 5 hours in COoP on one day.

The new Mg is so great and I am AUstrian and it's nice to hear a german voice :D in GHostRecon.

THis MOD ROcks, and NIght Maps are double fun without NIghtVision

But where are the maps of the first Icebreaker mod?? THey also would be nice to play in that mod :nono:

Greetings to all in Ghostrecon.net community. I really appreciate great reception of my new mod. It really makes the effort that went into making the IB2 worthwhile. And it was a great surprise too. I still have quite a bit of work to do with IB2 - Soviet Edition and the map expansion pack. One more map for IB2 is coming out later as well as the add-on that will add the old IB: Barbarossa maps to the IB2 pack. They'll require a bit of a face-lift to match IB2 graphic style. If u have any tech issues don't hesitate to visit my forum at the Icebreaker website

http://www.icebreaker39-45.com

Just post them into the Technical Support section, so u could get an advice from other people there that could have had the same issue, or contact me directly.

Slugg

Just wondering if anyone else had problems with this crashing after advancing from the after-action screen ? CTD everytime whilst playing online with others.

Other than that great mod and love the sound effects of the bullets whizzing by

Would that be the mission where you have to take the bridge and cross the river, etc. ? Truthfully it's the only one I played as DR and I were trying to beat it before moving on so I couldn't honestly say if it is any other map.

I'll check it out next time I play online to see if that is the only one.

CannonR1, hi

just repeating here what I posted on my forum.

Any time GR crashes the cause of the crash is listed in "ike.log" file located in GR's main directory along with the GhostRecon.exe. It's a simple text log file u can open in Notepad or Microsoft Word. Just zip it up and send it to me via email as an attachment. I will look at it and tell u what's the problem. Or u can actually look into it yourself. Someone already had this problem. Question, does it happen in Multiplayer only or in Single Player mode too?

Thanx

Edited by Slugg