Calling all Aussies!

Stewy

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I haven't tried Alpha Centauri. I just now found a demo for it though.

And Alpha Centauri is newer than Civilization. I'm talking about the original Civilization. Alpha Centauri came out after Civilization 2.

If your interested in playing a very old game, you can download Civilization here. I love how the idiot reviewer doesn't mention that you can win the game by conquering the world. That's the only fun way to play the game. :devil:

Tomorrow I'm going to download Civilization 2

Sorry. I thought it was older.
No big deal.

More my taste though, sci-fi etc.
It is a fun game. Do you ever play it anymore?

The demo only lets you play for 100 turns, but I've won twice. :rocky:

The first time I won, I beat Morgan Industries and the Spartans on my own and was allied with the Religious Nuts Who's Name I Have Forgotten and Gaia's Whatever The Hell in a war with the The Hive and the UN. I kicked The Hive and the UN's butts, but my "allies" got the bases (I beat all but one or two units in two bases, but didn't have enough units in place to complete the takeover and my "allies" came in at the last second and got the bases. :wall: )

The other time, I beat every other faction entirely on my own. :rocky:

Ever read anything by Philip Pullman?
No. Does he write sci-fi?

Fantasy sorta.

His Dark Materials is his best known work. (I think)

It's sort of Paradise Lost with a bit of particle physics and a new spin on Mind, Body and Soul.

(It's a trilogy.)

I like playing the University faction.

10 more exams to go and then the wait for the results.... (written 2)

Fantasy isn't my thing.

I like playing the University faction.
Me too. At first I played it as the Spartans, but then I decided to try the University faction. Those are the only 2 I've tried so far.

10 more exams to go and then the wait for the results.... (written 2)
That's a lot of exams.

ok, here it is. post 1000. this is where my sun sets over the horizon for the last time. i've met some great people here that i call mates, true mates. these people know who they are, so i dont need to bring names into it. GR has nothing for me left to offer, so there is no point hanging around to look like a bad smell. peeps have gone before me, and i always wondered why? simple really, you know when its time. to Rocky, i say thank you. your site has given me wisdom and most of all mates. for that i'm always in your debt. thank you. why post this in this thread, come on, i'm an aussie pure and simple. anyone care that i'm gone, who know's, and who cares. the peeps who know me know why, and to the rest, your time will come when you do the same. enjoy GR for all you can, and dont kill it by modding it. otherwise its an early death for you. to all here, stay safe first, and have fun. will i pop in for a look, not likely. will i post anymore, no. 1000 is it, always the number from day one. and now its here, and so be it. funny how things work out at times. anyway, enough rubbish i've spoke, so for the last time...............

cheers......

Edited by dekela

Well even though I wasn't going to post during my "post moderation status" this is one occasion that I would feel remiss about not saying something. I fully understand your reasonings and it's hard to disagree with your reasons. In fact I can't really. Who knows, this may mark the beginning of a trend for some. I know that the sun has set on many things, not just your time here.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Take care Dekela, it's been a pleasure having you around.

Maybe we'll see you when the next generation of GR appears early next year, I'll even create a new account for you so your current one can indeed stay at the 1000 mark as you wish :thumbsup:

As you know, posts in the Off Topic forum do not increase your post count, so you can always hang out here without bustin' that 1000 :P

Take it easy.

I went to gutenberg.org and got a few old sci fi books that I never had gotten around to reading. So I'm reading two books at once right now. One is a text file version of The Island of Doctor Moreau from gutenberg.org and the other is an actual copy of Lonesome Dove (I have to have something to read when I can't get on a computer.)

well, my 2 uni exams a re rolling up, one tomorrow, and one next week. Its gunna be nice to have uni over and done with for a while. Ive got a lot of drinking and live music lined up for the summer, and i dont need any of this 'higher learning' crap getting in my way!!