worst computer?

JTF-2

I think I got you beat there. This one may be lightning fast, but I also still have my old computer. Specs are:

350Mhz Pentium II

128MB SDRAM

No idea what Vid Card I have, but I know it must be really bad :wacko: and I KNOW it is nowhere near a Radeon 8500!

Edited by Raptor9

ok, if we're talking about computers that we don't play GR on i think i've got an old apple 2. i think it has yours beat :P:rocky::hehe:

if we're talking anitque i think i still have an IBM electric typewriter :hehe:

but what's the crapiest computer you play GR (or any other modern game) on?

QUOTE (=MM= SHADOW @ Jan 29 2003, 11:42 AM)

ANYTHING by COMPAQ!! hehe  

Heh, I agree with that statement.

i third that... i have a compaq notebook still running win3.1 cost 'bout 2500 ten years ago and now i can't get 30 bucks for it even at the university near me.....

i third that... i have a compaq notebook   still running win3.1   cost 'bout 2500 ten years ago and now i can't get 30 bucks for it even at the university near me.....

haha, I have one too, I switched it on yesterday for what must have been the first time in about 6 years. The laptop was much smaller than i remembered, but just as slow :P .

As for the comp i use now, just after i moved house recently, I had to reinstall my 14.4Kbs modem until ADSL was activated, this thing is more like plug n pray than plug n play :rolleyes: . I have some other ol' chestnuts, a 1988 IBM thing with green and black screen, a Pentium 1 133Mhz which is still used, plus some better things.

As for the worst shop-built PCs I would advise against :devil: Time :devil: strongly.

my £0.02

I am having to post here (I am grounded from computer but heck I gotta defend myself)

ANYTHING by COMPAQ!! hehe

Most of my puter is Compaq parts though it has been fixed up by me and I bet it could beat most people puters or do at least the same as theirs if it had decent gfx. They have crappy Tech Support and they lack some cool features but it is errr was stable and a solid box till I started tampering with it and now it is a Rock :D lol

Hmmmm...

IBM 286 @ 24MHz(turbo)

640K RAM

HDD - I don't remember...couldn't have

been more than 300MB

5.25" Floppy Drive

No mouse, just keyboard

No video card

3.5" internal crap speaker

a VERY pixelated 3 or 4 color 13" monitor. I mean you

could literally count the pixels :P

and DOS OS....

It was my dad's first home computer, which was really fast compared to the ones he had at work. I used it from like 6 years old to 8 years old...I actually had an ok Flight Sim game on it... :rolleyes:

Want to talk about old computers, my first computer was a TRS-80, don't remember the specs, but it was DOS-OS. :o=

Then I had a Tandy, no hard drive, 16 mg RAM, DOS-OS, as well. :o=

but those you definitely could not run GR on... LOL

I just upgraded my current system to be able to play GR

PII, 350 MgHz processor

192 Mg RAM

GF4 Ti4200 video card

Windows 98

Edited by zjj

Just recently in a science class of mine, my friend brought in a Pentium 75 mhz cpu to observe under a sterescope and the like...that chip was part of his first comp back in '92 or so...my first was an Acer back in '94 or so, just around the time the internet was really catchin on...it was a piece o' junk and I will always loathe that piece a junk...don't remember the specs but they were crappy I'm sure...

My first computer was an 8088. Not a Vic 20, but I don't know that you could call it advanced. It had 8 Mhz, and no hard drive. There were two 5.25 in. disk drives, and dos was on a disk. So if you wanted to run a program that required dos, you had to put dos in the top drive and the other disk in the bottom drive. When we got it, it was the coolest thing we had ever seen! :o